What's the latest on Fonatur parking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is parking related - not cars or motos but all those wonderful carts used to move gear and tanks down to the boats - they put a fence up blocking those things to where they have been locked up....

Yes, now we have a barbed wire protecting us from the jungle and those evil carts...... The fence has been left open on one end so you can walk 200 foot around it to get your cart......
What is the point of that, do you think? To make things difficult for divers just for its own sake? Someone needs a spanking, it seems to me.

What is the point of that, do you think? To make things difficult for divers just for its own sake? Someone needs a spanking, it seems to me.
They put the poles in one day and that revealed the ending to the story but no one paid attention - then one day the fence was up before boats got back from first dives - all those carts trapped on the other side of the fence. The fence runs from the trash bins all the way to the corner where the taxi sit.... they were kind enough to leave that end open, until more poles go in I bet.....

It really is baffling how a place can be built with zero parking and now zero support for equipment - oh wait - they sell gas there now.......

Most
This is parking related - not cars or motos but all those wonderful carts used to move gear and tanks down to the boats - they put a fence up blocking those things to where they have been locked up....

Yes, now we have a barbed wire protecting us from the jungle and those evil carts...... The fence has been left open on one end so you can walk 200 foot around it to get your cart.....

Most dysfunctional marina Ive ever seen. Obvious winner of Rotten Tomatoes award for design and functionality. The parking issue, congestion of taxis dropping off people along with businesses unloading equipment gets worse day to day.

They put the poles in one day and that revealed the ending to the story but no one paid attention - then one day the fence was up before boats got back from first dives - all those carts trapped on the other side of the fence. The fence runs from the trash bins all the way to the corner where the taxi sit.... they were kind enough to leave that end open, until more poles go in I bet.....

It really is baffling how a place can be built with zero parking and now zero support for equipment - oh wait - they sell gas there now.......
It's not a port its a real estate development. The dive ops are there under duress due to the deal made to International hotels group to trade the old Calleta for access to the sea for their Marina. Now that the Fonatur and their sleazy partners (time shares anyone?) are going into prebuild sales faze I think they want to push the dive OP's out.

It's not a port its a real estate development.
Yep, and I so hope that they go busted. From the link on the previous page...
In 2019, Fonatur announced that it had not yet been able to commercialize 70 percent of the lots that make up Marina Cozumel, so they proposed to change the business scheme.
Anything for a buck.

I am wondering how that they think they can sell unbuilt condos overlooking a poorly rain marina. If enough fools buy tho, then the highway between the car ferry and the marina will be chaos.

And how busy will the traffic to & from the marina be?

I am wondering how that they think they can sell unbuilt condos overlooking a poorly rain marina. If enough fools buy tho, then the highway between the car ferry and the marina will be chaos.

And how busy will the traffic to & from the marina be?
Actually the traffic isn't bad if you use Ave 65 and the new bypass. The bypass lets you out at Discover Mexico just prior to the marina entrance. It also bypasses the recent po-po check point.

It's not a port its a real estate development. The dive ops are there under duress due to the deal made to International hotels group to trade the old Calleta for access to the sea for their Marina. Now that the Fonatur and their sleazy partners (time shares anyone?) are going into prebuild sales faze I think they want to push the dive OP's out.
Is there another option for the dive ops or do they have to suck it up and take it? Can’t imagine there’s a bunch of unused marina space out there to shift to.

Back
Top Bottom