What's the latest on Fonatur parking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That would be supremely foolish since I already paid for a rental car. :wink: (Some might argue that was also supremely foolish, but I digress)

To be clear, there is no good reason for me to go there. My op will pick me up from my hotel pier where I'm staying this time. I just wanna see how things have changed in that area from all my previous trips where we always docked in the Caleta. I used to almost always drive to the Caleta since I liked to stay in town a lot and I always get a car. This is strictly a curiosity thing. I'm gonna look around and go "Yep that's a marina" and it'll be over with. :)
When you pull up at the guard station you need to have a boat name that you are going to see or they may not let you in.

That would be supremely foolish since I already paid for a rental car.
Supremely foolish? To take a taxi ride to avoid a potential traffic jam and/or having to walk a quarter mile (or whatever) in the hot sun? Suit yourself but it doesn't seem even a little bit foolish to me.

Supremely foolish? To take a taxi ride to avoid a potential traffic jam and/or having to walk a quarter mile (or whatever) in the hot sun? Suit yourself but it doesn't seem even a little bit foolish to me.

Just being cheeky. I'm not the most serious dude and it doesn't always come across online. I do prefer to drive myself around rather than take taxis. I don't blame anyone for doing the reverse and think it's probably smarter. But I often do what I want, instead of the smart thing. :)

You still can drive up to the loading area an drop off gear then go park. Course you need someone to watch your gear while parking

You still can drive up to the loading area an drop off gear then go park. Course you need someone to watch your gear while parking
This is what we do. Then I go and park the car. I hated to suggest it because if too many people jam up the works.......so if you do this, get unloaded and out of there!

So on the circle there ongoing construction and I doubt those parking spaces will ever come back
20211205_072744_HDR.jpg

Along the side road the west side and parts of the east side are blocked
20211205_072907_HDR.jpg

The road in has limited parking and on the plaza there is no auto parking.
20211205_072814_HDR.jpg
20211205_073028_HDR.jpg

Basically Fonatur does not care about the dive marina or parking. This was supposed to be a yacht club real estate development which they screwed the design up on and to back out of their errors were forced to allow dive and fishing boats in.

[QUOTE="cvchief, post: 9548489, member: 106105"
And I want to know who I need to know to get one of those cable blocked spots at the front?
[/QUOTE]
Reserved spaces are for Fonatur staff (not lowly security or workers)

Perfect....

1638743314775.png

And did you get my apology for the name thing? I must have been hung over... (Why is he not waving? Ill yell louder...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom