What's the latest on Fonatur parking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's behind the green wall? Anyone's guess right now.
I went in there and nosed around - I think it is some sort of waster water treatment or pumping station. They built one new building in there with what looked like two tanks. There is two other buildings in there and some electric. That area dug up along the road and the area in the high rent district dug up is water lines - haven't seen any sewar lines

Suspect they are not there by choice but there because there are no more slips available on the poor side. Have you noticed that it appears that there are more boats in the old Caleta (mostly the pirate fleet) than before everyone was told they had to vacate to the new marina. At some point International Hotels will get the go ahead to ring it with condos and force them out, it will be a $h!t show.

Scuba Life has a real nice setup with their office right there in front of their boats - they rent my boat a lot, so I'm over there about everyday. They really have an ideal location and I'm sure they pay the price for it, but it is so dang convienent.

That will be a disaster when or if that happens with Caleta.

I went in there and nosed around - I think it is some sort of waster water treatment or pumping station. They built one new building in there with what looked like two tanks. There is two other buildings in there and some electric. That area dug up along the road and the area in the high rent district dug up is water lines - haven't seen any sewar lines
Sewer goes into the ground 150ft down.... Then out into reefs...

Fonatur's vision
IMG_20220501_062448.jpg

There ain't no parking in that picture either!!

That would be a beautiful development - I wonder why it hasn't been moved on but yet they move forward with other large condo buildings
Theres a beautiful world class parking lot proposed, probably have enough spaces for all the motos. I think its the area I marked in red but for the next 10 years you must park on the highway.

Attachments

• IMG_20220501_062448.jpg
    IMG_20220501_062448.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 44
Theres a beautiful world class parking lot proposed, probably have enough spaces for all the motos. I think its the area I marked in red but for the next 10 years you must park on the highway.

That area is all fenced off, like the stupid fence they put up blocking the carts - I was told that was El Presidente property but really, does anyone really know what is going on? lol

It really has become a joke, they dig that water line, block off the road for months, never finish it and now they block the other side. I'm waiting for the day they block the whole road.... Hey, at least security doesn't stop us everyday for our info!!!

Reactions: JFS
That area is all fenced off, like the stupid fence they put up blocking the carts - I was told that was El Presidente property but really, does anyone really know what is going on? lol

It really has become a joke, they dig that water line, block off the road for months, never finish it and now they block the other side. I'm waiting for the day they block the whole road.... Hey, at least security doesn't stop us everyday for our info!!!
They need to bring the gals back that hide behind the rule book. The same vehicle and driver could pass through 10 times a day and you would wait while every block on the clipboard was carefully filled out.

A whole new level of stupidity has been achieved here at marina Fonatour.....

They blocked off the area where all the motos park, one lane in and out - the exit lane...

Word is they are going to put a pipe in - that's fantastic, maybe finish the pipe you started 6 months ago.

It's hard enough getting a truck and trailer in there to use the ramp - with their construction skills and speed, that ramp will be out of service for the next year...

Back
Top Bottom