What's the advantage of fins like these:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D15394F7-EFEB-4C80-AD9D-79338AF20EB6.jpeg
8B750696-D480-40D2-8861-6B7319508723.jpeg
My original jet fins and my now Typhoon hurricane,s after 50 years diving I’m looking forward to trying a pair a force fins.

I've tried force fins once, not my thing. But I don't really like flutter kicking that much. The idea of the foot pocket isn't bad though. I always wondering how a flexible normal style fin would perform with such foot pockets.

On the other hand the Go Sports are quite lovely in my opinion. I wouldn't dive them dry, but I've used them with a d12 twinset and a 50cuft stage no problem. They 'felt' alot faster and less streneous than my jets.

No more 4kg fins in my holiday luggage, that's for sure :). I feel like with the open heel go sports Scubapro finally got something really right in a long time.

I bought a nice pair of new blue Force Fin Pros sometime in the mid 2000s, during a short period when the fins were distributed relatively widely. If I remember correctly, I believe I got them on sale for around $60 from Scuba.com. I dived them on numerous occasions. Eventually, I developed a reasonable flutter kick but could never do an effective frog kick. After a good trial, the fins were relegated to the bottom of the fin bin.

My experience with the FF Pros stayed in the back of my mind and I wanted to try another model someday. Finally, in 2016, I had the opportunity to dive some Excellerating Force Fins and to directly compare them to my Dive Rite XTs Excellerating Force Fins vs. Dive Rite XTs

It's been a long time since I've dived the FF Pros, I'll have to resurrect them from the fin bin and give them another try, maybe on my next visit to Florida, where they live

What is wrong with Go Sport fins? :wink:

I fixed that for you guys:

The answer is always B-E-S-T, BP/Wing, Eddy Fins, Shearwater, Trim!

As in sports cars, the answer is M-I-A-T-A, Miata Is Always The Answer!

James
I'm in the Mares Avanti camp for fins!

I'm in the Mares Avanti camp for fins!

Sorry, I could not make Avanti Quattro work. I too have a pair of Mares Avanti fin and for the last 12 years give or take they have been my go to fin. Fast, light (4 pounds per set), maneuverable and can do all kicks and maneuvers. I have a bunch of fins and always come back to the Mares. Now I have in my fins quiver:

Aeris Accels Large (3 pounds)
Deep Six Eddy Fins Large (5 pounds)
Mares Avanti Quattro Regular (4 pounds)
OMS Slipstreams Large (5 pounds)
Scubapro Jets XL (two black, one yellow, one green pairs) (7 pounds)
Scubapro Go Sport Large (3 pounds)

Not in Rotation:

Voit UDT Frog Feet
Voit Viking
Nemrod Super A Professional
USD Rocket

Target Practice:

Force Fins
Force Fin Pros

Gone but not forgotten:

Cressi Rondine (the real ones)
Voit Super Vikings

N

Tried Force Fins many moons ago, made my feet cramp and I didn't feel like I got the propulsion I wanted. I have always been a Jet Fin type and have stuck with them since I started diving.

Tried Force Fins many moons ago, made my feet cramp and I didn't feel like I got the propulsion I wanted. I have always been a Jet Fin type and have stuck with them since I started diving.

Funny how us cold water folks use largely the same stuff.

Well, cold water divers have to push a lot of bulk along and standard FFs are not power fins. As for cramping, I suspect the sizing might have been wrong.

Back
Top Bottom