What's in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohhh do we have a page like this?

that would be cool . . .

random, yes. but that's my M.O.

We just took a few baby steps into the new Resources feature. It is a work in progress but it should be a valuable... well uh, resource. :)

We just took a few baby steps into the new Resources feature. It is a work in progress but it should be a valuable... well uh, resource. :)

How does one offer material to the Resources?

How does one offer material to the Resources?

I think this Welcome thread explains about as much as I can at this point. Staff are limited to populating it until we get more things figured out. Resources can be on ScubaBoard or external. Please make notes until Resources are ready to open to all members.

Thanks for the upgrade, I love the dark mode.

I have noticed that there are a couple of things that are either missing with the update or that I am not bright enough to figure out where they are.

One is that the older version used to have a line on the bottom of the page that said not only how many pages were left on the thread, but also how many posts. Not a huge deal, but it was handy information to know.

The other thing that I don't see is below a person's avatar, there used to be their location (if they chose to enter it). This was handy information if a person is looking for recommendations. If they are in Canada for instance, I may recommend a Canadian source for a piece of gear over a source from the US even if the American source appears to have a lower price. Due to exchange rate, extra shipping/brokerage fees and duties, that apparent better price from the US often vapourizes pretty quickly. Without knowing the OP's location, it is hard to make the best possible recommendation.

The other thing that I don't see is below a person's avatar, there used to be their location (if they chose to enter it).

This was variable before the upgrade depending on how the member's account was configured. I hadn't noticed that change but it "might" be because a mouseover on the avatar pops the profile summary like in this image. Note that the location (if specified) is included.

1633359285911.png

Is there any setting to keep YouTube videos from playing automatically?

This was variable before the upgrade depending on how the member's account was configured. I hadn't noticed that change but it "might" be because a mouseover on the avatar pops the profile summary like in this image. Note that the location (if specified) is included.

Thank you. Like I said in my post maybe "I am not bright enough to figure out where they are."

Back
Top Bottom