What's in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there any setting to keep YouTube videos from playing automatically?

Interesting question. Not to my knowledge but it might have something to do with this setting when linked to another site:

1633362402239.png

ohhh do we have a page like this?

that would be cool . . .

Ask and you shall receive... seriously, it has always been there:

Look at the bottom of every page on ScubaBoard, Click "FAQs and Help" and then click on Smilies.

BTW, we are working on the broken Smilies.

I am reading a thread on a sub forum eg. Thailand and if I want to read another thread on Thailand. In the old day I just have to click Thailand on the heading and its home page will appear. But now I have to click on eg. Asia instead and then re-enter Thailand.

Awesome upgrade, is it possible to allow the user to configure how many posts are displayed per thread page? Like right now its set at 10 posts, with 21 pages.

Here's an FYI, for those that peruse for interesting threads or new replies using "Watched Forums" instead of Recent Posts.

You may not be interested in EVERY new thread or reply in a Watched Forum, but you do want to be notified if new stuff appears. The solution is Mark (just one forum) as "Read".

In the old SB, that function was in the menu, but now the only item in the drop down menu is Mark ALL forums as "Read."
Screenshot_20211005-140939_Chrome.jpg

Instead, to mark the uninteresting threads within a given forum as read without clicking on each of them, navigate to the top of the forum by clicking the tiny forum name that lives just under the ScubaBoard logo at the top of the page.
Then click "Mark Read"
Screenshot_20211005-140646_Chrome.jpg

Voila! All threads are now marked Read, just in that one forum.

I really like that I can upload multiple pictures at once now.

I really like that I can upload multiple pictures at once now.

Related Note: As near as I can tell, there is a 10 image/post limit. You probably already know that the maximum images size is 800 pixels in either (or both) height & width. You can load larger ones but the software will reduce it so the max isn't exceeded.

Related Note: As near as I can tell, there is a 10 image/post limit. You probably already know that the maximum images size is 800 pixels in either (or both) height & width. You can load larger ones but the software will reduce it so the max isn't exceeded.
I for one am excited about the multi image uploads and auto resizing. It's auto resized for a while hasn't it?
PXL_20211005_201452881.jpg
PXL_20211005_201457378.jpg
PXL_20211005_203415853.MP.jpg
PXL_20211005_203420512.jpg
PXL_20211005_205042553.jpg
PXL_20211006_000856572.jpg

Look how much fun that was.

I for one am excited about the multi image uploads and auto resizing.

Actually, there is another image management feature I am even more excited about, but it isn't quite working properly yet: Manual image resizing and text wrap-around.

1633528568694.png

This image was inserted at almost screen width and manually dragged to resize. Just click on the image when editing and you will see for "handles" in the corners that you can click & drag. That works fine now. There should be a little menu that pops up to set up text wrap-around, but it isn't coming up consistently. I had to manually edit the BB code to make this example work. Working on it.

Oh, and have you noticed the new Heading feature in the menu (image above). Very cool. It automatically sets a larger font size and bold on selected text.

This is the menu that should pop-up when the image is selected while editing:

1633529226221.png

You can make an image a click-able hypertext link.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom