What's in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of text, it used to indicate spelling errors....not any more, apparenelty. Is that coming back?

Speaking of text, it used to indicate spelling errors....not any more, apparenelty. Is that coming back?

I get spelling errors flagged. I don't think that is a ScubaBoard function because this happens on all Web pages I use.

1633534997480.png

Actually, there is another image management feature I am even more excited about, but it isn't quite working properly yet: Manual image resizing and text wrap-around.

View attachment 685377
This image was inserted at almost screen width and manually dragged to resize. Just click on the image when editing and you will see for "handles" in the corners that you can click & drag. That works fine now. There should be a little menu that pops up to set up text wrap-around, but it isn't coming up consistently. I had to manually edit the BB code to make this example work. Working on it.

Oh, and have you noticed the new Heading feature in the menu (image above). Very cool. It automatically sets a larger font size and bold on selected text.

This is the menu that should pop-up when the image is selected while editing:

You can make an image a click-able hypertext link.
Ohh I was looking for this for my signature... I'll have to play with it more.

I used the manual resize for the warning.

#party

Actually, there is another image management feature I am even more excited about, but it isn't quite working properly yet: Manual image resizing and text wrap-around.

View attachment 685377
This image was inserted at almost screen width and manually dragged to resize. Just click on the image when editing and you will see for "handles" in the corners that you can click & drag. That works fine now. There should be a little menu that pops up to set up text wrap-around, but it isn't coming up consistently. I had to manually edit the BB code to make this example work. Working on it.

Oh, and have you noticed the new Heading feature in the menu (image above). Very cool. It automatically sets a larger font size and bold on selected text.

This is the menu that should pop-up when the image is selected while editing:

You can make an image a click-able hypertext link.

There we go, I had to copy the "type="full" " from your post to make the text move up next to the image.

And I did notice it took a few tries for the little pop-up to appear - very odd. I blame the fact that winter is coming . . .

EDIT: Interesting - in the edit signature box it shows the text on the right being centered, but not in my signature...

1633548730382.png

The BB code looks like it is missing the CENTER tags...

Unusual_sarcasm_notice.jpg

Here in the pub we don't just make **** up about things we know nothing about, unlike on the main board everything in here is based in fact and science.

more edits....
and now it accepted the changes. . . winter is coming.

There we go, I had to copy the "type="full" " from your post to make the text move up next to the image.

Here is the syntax for the left aligned image with wrapped text in my post above. The 685377 number is automatically assigned to a pasted image.

[ATTACH type="full" align="left" width="166px" alt="1633528568694.png"]685377[/ATTACH]

After resizing the image with the corner handles I manually edit the BB-code by adding align="left". This and a lot more will be available when xenForo fixes the bug in their code, which I learned today that they are aware of.

Another new feature is you can upload higher resolution images for Avatars and an image for a banner. Avatars should be at least 400x400 pixels. This is to take advantage of higher resolution monitors like 4K and Apple Retina.

You you can also upload a banner. I haven't nailed down the exact aspect ratio but you can see it is very wide compared to the height.

AkimboBanner.png

You can choose a single image, unlike the one above that I pieced together, and you can select a horizontal slice to display.

Edit: Go to your Account details:

1633553938517.png

I added a new thread to the Frequently Asked Questions forum, which explains how the following unfurled link is made.

I added a new thread to the Frequently Asked Questions forum that explains ScubaBoard bookmarks, not to be confused with an Internet browser's bookmarks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom