What's everyone using for Dive Logs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, I would be happy to send you my word file. I will post an image later. I'm at work and the file and the log book are at home.

Please PM me with a link, or I'll PM you with my email and you can attach the Word template.

Thanks!

I just keep notes in an unstructured word processing file.

It all goes back to why are you keeping a log.

I long ago passed any requirements for number of dives for any training class, so the logbook is just for my use. My most frequent uses of it is to assist when planning dives or trips. I'll look back at my notes on dive operators, hotels, dive sites, and conditions to refresh my memory.

I just use a freeform word processing file to jot down things, sometimes one dive per paragraph, sometimes one boat trip per paragraph, sometimes a two week trip summarized in a paragraph.

Although its on a computer, it's pretty much the same concept as the notebooks or journals mentioned by Lancaster and Tartullian above.

I do keep a waterproof notebook in my dive bag, and sometimes use it to jot down some details that I later enter into my computer based journal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom