What's everyone using for Dive Logs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the software that came with my Uwatec computer. It's called SmartTrak and has prooven to be just what I need. When on a liveaboard or traveling I just make notes bout the name of the site, and what it was like, then I download it upon returning home. It lets you add pictures of each dive as well.

Email sent let me know if that is what you are looking for. If any one else wants them I am more than happy to share

Get a dive compute. Use the software that comes with it. I have a Suunto "Vyper" Air/Nitrox Wrist Computer. Use both the Dive Manager that came with the unit.I also use Dive Log on my handheld Pocket PC. Just wish there was a way to interface both without retyping. I now have 128 dives but am just a OW cert. One day I will get that AOW so I can go rescue and Master Diver.

I use my dive computer and download it to my PC. Then, I just print out the log of the dive and put the dive log in a 3-ring binder with all my logs.

Ive only got 9 dives under my belt, but I just got AOW certified this past weekend. I have the paper book that was given to me with my OW course, but its falling apart already.

Ive seen some of the logs in the dive shop, but they seem a bit expensive for just being a folder with some paper in it.

Is there any place I can download pre-made sheets I can just print out and stick in my log as I go along? Ive also got a computer so I can download, print out and then attach to the log sheet.

Im just curious to see what everyone uses.

For many years I have used notebooks with plain (or lined sheets), 100 sheets or
so. These I carry in a small (smallest) Pelicaste, where they are protected from
water, splash, rain, whatever, until I write or read. In the case I have plastic sheets with the tables I need.
The book can be leatherbound if you want the expence. If you buy some cheaper book, buy two or even three at once so you can keep the same size...

Computer printouts..? Give it a few dives more, and it's not that interesting anymore...
Good Luck!

I use the both standard log book that i picked up at a LDS for pen and paper logs. Plus the software suunto provides. That way i can get the dive details in the log and the stats from the computer. It works for me.

For many years I have used notebooks with plain (or lined sheets), 100 sheets or
so. These I carry in a small (smallest) Pelicaste, where they are protected from
water, splash, rain, whatever, until I write or read. In the case I have plastic sheets with the tables I need.
The book can be leatherbound if you want the expence. If you buy some cheaper book, buy two or even three at once so you can keep the same size...

Computer printouts..? Give it a few dives more, and it's not that interesting anymore...
Good Luck!

I like this idea but I don't know what a "Pelicaste" is. Do you have a picture or more information on what it is?

Thanks!!

When my first log book was about to run out of pages, I just scanned in the last two blank ones and printed them out as needed. That was really annoying, so I bought another (cheaper) book, then that ran out. Now I use a $2.00 note pad I bought at the airport for some reason I no longer remember. It has "Log Book" written in permanent marker on the front so that everyone knows its official. Works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom