What's a good 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a few dollars more than your $400 limit, around $50 more, but the Aqualung SolAfx semi-dry has worked out well for me. It's a one piece with integrated hood and fits like a pair of warm pajamas! Between dives I pull it down to my waist to find my core is dry, it's great. I regularly dive NorCal waters, between 50-55 degrees and can last around 45 minutes. I've been just a bit chilled down below 100-120 feet, but how long do you stay down there anyway? I just took it to the Channel Islands for a 4 day live aboard trip and it worked like a charm. In the 60 degree water I felt like I was floating in a warm bathtub, it was great!

Was that the 5 or 7 mil SolAfx you have. Getting ready to buy a new 5 mil and because of the dealer I work with want to go with Aqualung brand.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom