What's a good 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was looking to purchase one a couple of months ago. The only advice I'm comfortable in giving is to try them on. The different brands do fit differently and the sizes are different. For example the best size for me in henderson/waterproof and scubapro was large tall, in pinnacle the xtra large regular fit better than any of the others.

I have had very good luck with Pinnacle wetsuits and drysuit... ScubaToys "closeout" section, you may have to do a search for it on the new website... I checked your profile for your gender, but no luck so soory in advance if offended. They have womens Pinnacle Elasta stretch 3mm - 7mm wetsuits from $99-$135 and Henderson wetsuits on sale... I have never used Henderson wetsuits FWIW...

It's a few dollars more than your $400 limit, around $50 more, but the Aqualung SolAfx semi-dry has worked out well for me. It's a one piece with integrated hood and fits like a pair of warm pajamas! Between dives I pull it down to my waist to find my core is dry, it's great. I regularly dive NorCal waters, between 50-55 degrees and can last around 45 minutes. I've been just a bit chilled down below 100-120 feet, but how long do you stay down there anyway? I just took it to the Channel Islands for a 4 day live aboard trip and it worked like a charm. In the 60 degree water I felt like I was floating in a warm bathtub, it was great!

thanks for all the help :)
i'll try some of suits mentioned above at my LDS

Another vote for the pinnacle. I have the cruiser 7mm and it has kept me toasty. LP has them for under $200. Also Bare is worth looking into as well.

I've just purchased a one piece Henderson 7mm Thermoprene, with separate hood, and I've been to 100 ft, 46 degrees for about 14 mins bottom time and found it warm enough for my slimish 6'4" 220lbs frame.

+1 on the Bare Artic. Coldest so far was 39F for 41 minutes. face and feet were numb, but my body wasn't bad... Ran outta air before I ran outta warm.

Pinnacle... 7mm Merino Elastoprene... very warm. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom