• Cheaper certification classes for the type of diving I want to do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A better vehicle to haul my gear to and from

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • A dive boat

Votes: 19 12.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Location and dive buddies. The lakes in Colorado are not exactly ideal so not many people dive them. I envy so many of you that have great locations!

It was fine until they started to draw water from it for fracking.
Maybe you can get them to refill your dive site with old fracking chemicals ... around here, the energy companies all claim their fluids are totally non-toxic! :wink:

My issue: 4 AM wake-up call to be on the boat by 6, leaves dock at 7:00 AM Sharp! Why not depart at 9 AM, heck 10 AM? Why must we go out so gosh darned early? Seriously, this is my biggest hang-up.

Right now....nothing. I spend 4-6 hours a week in the water and that's just about right. Maybe one week a month do 15 hours or so in a week. Kind of like Bob (NWGrateful) said, it'd start to be like work if it was more.

someone to take over my current life.... I took 8 years off from the sport, and am trying to get back this year. Everything ready to go (after a ton of money into servicing/replacing), and one whopping dive so far...... no time, no buddies....

I've dove my whole career with 1 buddy (now moved away), and my wife (a tad resistant to dive again after a bad CO issue that she was convinced was a bad narc years back) Most of the diving here is "deep" - 80' - 120', so its tough to get her head on straight for it... Im dying to get back in the lake....

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very interesting poll, but I feel as though there would be a varying degree of answers based upon the diver and their specific place in their diving 'career'. The new diver (such as myself), would like to own gear, have closer places to dive, but would be perfectly happy shore diving. Dive buddies is also a very legitimate concern for a new diver.

The more experienced/ seasoned diver may not be concerned about having dive buddies, but may be very tired of doing shore dives, and will def want a boat

I voted for 5 things. Retirement does help a lot, as pointed out. If you're diving solo you can just go tomorrow if the weather sucks. But it doesn't solve everything. It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom