What would be your BucketList#1dive trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gypsyjim

I have an alibi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Every one of us must have that one dive trip that we have our sight set on doing, someday.

What would yours be? Are you planning that ultimate dive trip right now, or is it just a dream sitting on the horizon?

Conversely, some folks here may have already done their own personal BucketList#1 dive, and maybe you would love to share that experience with the rest of us?

This comes from a conversation last evening with a wonderful young lady who has been battling a serious illness, and she has just scheduled her #1 bucket List trip, that being Lembeh Strait and Bali.

Her husband's #1 was Truk, and they have now checked it off their list, though they hope to be able to do a repeat, someday.

If you had one dive that you absolutely would want to do if you suddenly realized that your time on this earth was limited, and your budget would allow it, where would you choose?

We're planning a year in Indonesia upon retirement. Can't beat being in the middle of many dive destinations. Can't wait!

Cocoview Resort, as mundane as that might be to some more experienced Divers, it is a place I imagine maxing out my time in shallow water, just floating. My best wishes to this lady.

Cocoview Resort, as mundane as that might be to some more experienced Divers, it is a place I imagine maxing out my time in shallow water, just floating. My best wishes to this lady.

Our dreams, our personal bucket lists are our own, and not subject to the judgement of others?

A week each in FIji, the Tuamotu Atolls, and Kauai with a month in New Zealand. Probably never going to happen. I'll be 71 next month and wearing out pretty fast.

I have been to Coco View multiple times and I have to say that I would go back in a heartbeat.
The major draws for me are:
1) If I were to build a dive resort, cocoview is as close to what I would build as any place I have ever been.
2) I love the shore dive from the resort - so many options.
3) You can dive all you want......

It would not be on my bucket list but it's not a bad choice.

I was able to do my bucket list trip in 2014 - a week each at the Atlantis Resorts

Last edited:
Victoria, British Columbia. For years my #1 Bucket List dive was Browning Pass at the northern end of Vancouver Island. I've dived there the past four consecutive years and have two trips scheduled for next year. I wish there was a shore based resort for cold water diving like there are for all the warm water locations. It would be great to have a nice hotel room with a few luxuries and a dive boat right there. Unfortunately there aren't enough divers traveling to cold water locations to make that feasible.

Each year it is a new one for me. Two years ago, Red Sea, this year, Cocos, next year Galapagos, year after that.....?

Liveaboard to the Great Barrier Reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom