Bucket list liveaboard trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bucket list...?

Palau Siren May 20-30, 2025 for a bumphead spawning event. I have space on this trip.

or French Polynesia on Auqa Tiki for a grouper spawning events.

Of course the Socorros is great as is the Galapagos for big critters. You have to have a "lust for rust" for Truk. Really depends a lot on what you want to see.

Curious to hear what people would consider their must-do/bucket list liveaboard trips if cost and time away from home didn't factor into things.

I already have a Banda Sea crossing trip planned for 2023 and a 10 day liveaboard in Raja Ampat for 2024. Eventually I'll get to Tubbataha but after that I'm not sure. Galapagos is enticing but anything colder than 75 degrees is Too Cold for me so I'm not sure what to do about that.

What's on your wish list??

Galapagos should on top of your bucket list (see my trip video, below)!

Darwin & Wolf (best sites where you’ll be spending ~40% of the dives) have water temperature range of 74-77F. I’m from Indonesia and 7mm wetsuit are fine for those sites. The coldest sites (Cabo Douglas to see Marine Iguanas & Red Lipped Batfish and Punta Vincente Roca to see Mola Mola & Bullhead Sharks) may go down to 59F. I was cold at that water temperature. So, I got a 5/7mm hooded vest to put it over my 7mm full wetsuit (see picture below) for my next trip to Galapagos (18-28 December 2023).

IMG_1717.jpeg

For Komodo, fly to Bali and take the Bali-Komodo-Bali route.

I plan to go back there for my 5th time this August. Make sure to include diving with Whaleshark in Saleh Bay.

IMG_1757.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom