Question Bucket list shore based dive locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing. Which Homestay did you use?
Is it possible to contact the dive center? Did a google search, but couldn’t find a web page.

Have you been in February or April? Any (many?) mosquitos around at that time of year?

Sent you a DM with all the Whatsapp contact info for both.

I don't know what the rules are about posting phone numbers on a public forum so I tend not to do it.

I’m currently shore diving on Curacao. Most shops rent tanks for around $10 (USD) and weights for $3-4 per day. Easy entry on beaches without a lot of wave action and it only takes a few minutes to swim out to the reef. Nice underwater topography, plenty of fish, lots of different kinds of morays, fireworms, and a sharptail snake eel was the highlight today.

Tulamben in Bali is brilliant shore diving. Going back again next year for the fourth time.

Thanks all for the input. To clarify “shore based” i just mean “not live aboard”. Specifically Asia.

At this point Komodo looks pretty cool. Or maybe we might go back to PH, Anda has my attention.

Have you considered Micronesia, Truk Lagoon, Yap, etc.? Both of those are on my personal list.

I’m sure you know Bonaire and Curacao are both well known for shore diving, however, I am on Curacao right now and there is a LOT of coral bleaching at every site we have been to. Apparently this was a bad year for coral bleaching in the area, and we are reading reports of stony coral disease both here and on Bonaire—to the point where some of the dive sites on Bonaire are closed. We will be disinfecting our gear at the end of our trip to avoid spreading it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom