What was your greatest dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best to me would be the first OW #4 dive I did and the look on the face of my first student/graduate, priceless and unforgettable.

My favorite is Buford's cavern.

Of all the dives in your diving career what was the best dive ever - when and where

You go 1st---then I'll tell mine.......You do know you're about to bring out a bunch of egos.....

For me it was a wreck dive off Waikiki in Hawaii. It was my first dive over 100ft, my first wreck penetration (more of a swim through really) and my first real experience with a narcosis buzz.

I think it is in my log book as the YO-257 but I believe it was the Sea Tiger based on listed depths.

I do not have one best dive. But a few stuck in my mind as 'WOW'.

My first dive ever, a 'discover scuba' dive in Key West. The corals, fish, colours!
My first cave dive. I barely made it to the lips in Ginnie, but what a rush!!
The first time on the Spiegel Grove, my first wreck dive.
The first galaxy, solo, CCR and 100th cave dives are all very well alive in my mind as well.

I think over time everyone accumulates some very good memories.

My best was in 06 at Darwin's Arch, Galapagos. We did a "hot drop" from the pangas because a whale shark was seen in the area. We dropped just about on top of it. Then it vanished. I was in the "blue" no bottom, no reef, just blue and saw my roommate. I swam over to her and asked to buddy. She said yes. After about 5 minutes, I signaled "up" she signaled stay here. After about another 5 minutes I signaled up and she signaled stay here. Then it happened. The whale shark CAME BACK I got a picture that took the breath away from everybody else on that boat. I'd post it if I could figure out how.

My last dive is always my greatest but my most memorable is Space Mountain in the Cay Sal Bank.

You go 1st---then I'll tell mine.......You do know you're about to bring out a bunch of egos.....

Mine was personally at Molokini Crater this past June. I was in awe to look off the side of the boat before ever entering and saw the bottom through the waves. When we got in the visibility was reported to be over 200+ feet and it seemed like it. I could see all the way from the center of the reef to where the shoreline met the water and distant snorklers. We got to see a reef shark and all kinds of neat critters! If given the chance Id go back in a heart beat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom