What Tusa Regulator is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, ill take your word for it.

whats the resale value on these things?

Not a great deal I'd imagine, not a particularly desirable reg. Over here in Japan you "might" get a couple of hundred dollars but in the U.S. you might have a hard time finding a buyer that's willing to pay much. Hopefully some of the wheelers and dealers will chime in.

As a "wheeler and dealer", I can only say I don't know. I did a bit a research online and found the regulator was introduced in 2008 and the test scores were ok not terrific. I think Buddha is right that the regulator does not have much of a following, so I am not sure what you can get for it. If your not in a hurry to sell it you can track some auctions on the item.

I'm going to keep an eye on it out of curiosity to see what it sells for/if it sells.

It is a no reserve auction so it will sell unless the seller pulls the listing. It just goes to show that deals can be had on slightly used scuba gear. From the photos the gear looks like new.

I contacted Tusa they did confirm it is the RS-530 and SS-20 regs. I cant say that im disappointed with these regs as a backup, they breathe fine and havent given me any problems, but i did inherit them from someone else and am not sure the last time they were serviced. I figured i would get rid of them and get a newer set for my dive buddy (GF)

I contacted Tusa they did confirm it is the RS-530 and SS-20 regs. I cant say that im disappointed with these regs as a backup, they breathe fine and havent given me any problems, but i did inherit them from someone else and am not sure the last time they were serviced. I figured i would get rid of them and get a newer set for my dive buddy (GF)

If you want a newer set because you want a newer or better set then have at it. If you want a newer set because you think these are too old then you are making a mistake. Regulators last a long time and older regulators are not inherently unsafe. In a rebuild all soft parts are replaced so mechanically the regulator is as good as new. If your GF is new to diving then I would wait to see if she really likes it before spending on new equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom