What Tusa Regulator is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shes definitely into diving. i just want her to feel safe with her equipment, i may sell it or i may keep the first stage and get new 2nd stages

It is your money and you can spend it how you please. However, regulators are mature mechanical devices which means they do not change much over time. They are not like cars or computers. Most of the changes to regulators are cosmetic, made for business reasons. In other words, manufacturers want to make it appear that a "new and improved" regulator is out and you should upgrade. An Aqualung Titan uses the same service kit as a 25 year old Conshelf and traces its origins to the double-hose regulators of the 1950s. The Halcyon Halo (made by Scubapro) is based on a 35 year old design.

TUSA stands for Tabata USA. Tabata is a world-class manufacturer and is a supplier to Scubapro. They sell both their own designs, which you own, and Scubapro designs. They are not a manufacturer of junk.

That's good to know, I guess I'd feel better getting it serviced or possibly keeping the first stage and getting new 2nds and hoses/spg. I'm just a fan of hogs and dive rites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give Cave Adventurers a call. The seem to have the best price on Hog and Dive Rite Regulators. The only disadvantage is that they are in Florida so you need to pay sales tax.

Ya I'm in FL as well, dive gear express and cave adventures are driveable but about 2hrs north or south. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

resurrecting thread:

anyone have info on how to service the first & second stages, maybe a manual or book and where to find parts?

resurrecting thread:

anyone have info on how to service the first & second stages, maybe a manual or book and where to find parts?

Check frogkick for the manual or use a google search. There is a pretty large DIY community here on SB but usually they are centered on Aqualung or Scubapro products. Not sure where to find parts outside of ebay. Some TUSA products are the same as Scubapro and some aren't.

I live in Japan, I'll talk one of the local shops and see if I can get kits, I'm sure I could in Tokyo, postage would be penny's. Let me know if you want me to try, what kits specifically are you looking for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom