What to use to keep camera attached to me when diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See attached image for what I use. I think it is what SAGE is recommending as well. It works great for a small underwater camera. I don't like things hanging off my wrist. I attach mine to my top right shoulder D-ring. When I am not using it I close the clip and tuck the camera under my arm.

-Aaron

I use the same Clip coil Lanyard that abrown203 has a picture of. It works really well and you can pick one up for around 15 bucks.

I highly recommend the Cetacea coil lanyard with Stainless Steel carabiner. I use these on all my systems regardless of their size and I everyone of my customers has been extremely satisfied with them on their camera systems. This model goes for about $25-$30.

My camera has a loop that came with it. I take that loop and put a snap hook on the end of it and hook it to one chest D ring. I get one of those strong ladies hair thingies....like a scrunchie...but not as puffy.....and open one of my quick releases and slide it over the strap. Then when I am not using the camera I can slide it in the hair thingie and it works fine.

Of course I have no huge strobe or anything like that....it is just a simple digital with built in flash.

Here's another vote for the coiled lanyards.
I put a bolt snap on each end, replacing the plastic "gate clips (??)"

This made for easier hook up/removal.(IMO)

Mike

I replaced Canon's leash with a small all-purpose lanyard I purchased at my LDS. I just clip it to my right shoulder D-ring, which gives me just the right amount of length.

Has anybody thought of or tried something like this:

Bino Buddy

Maybe with some modification or some variation on this theme would allow the camera to ride snug to your chest/abdomen area, and then easily extend for snapping some photos. It wouldn't be useful at all for a rig with strobes, but for small cams in a housing it might work. I have been thinking of trying make something like this work, just haven't got around to it yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom