Best way to keep a camera attached and be streamlined

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of camera are you upgrading to? (I used that as an example as many folks go that route when upgrading from a GoPro.) You can clip the bolt snap to a d-ring and when not using it, you can snap the male/female clip to keep it closer to you.

Same GoPro 8 just adding a tray and lights. I will probably look at a new camera once smaller 4K60fps cameras come out. Possibly the RX-100 8.

Whatever solution you choose keeps the priorities in that order:

Top Priority: Attached
Secondary Priority: Streamlined

Just make sure it can be detached in case of entanglement etc.

And compared to a sea lion or a competitive swimmer, scuba divers aren't all that streamlined anyway so a medium sized camera rig doesn't make that much difference.

Certainly staying attached is priority number 1, but being streamlined is important as being a tech diver at some point the camera will come with me into a wreck or a cave.

I tether mine to my right D-Ring and hold it with two hands most of the time.
Phil green gloves_DSC6263.jpg

So based on the posts here, this is what I have come up with. Yes the suicide clips are suboptimal so they will probably be replaced in the future. But diving it with both bolt snaps clipped off it stayed fairly streamlined.
20200816_173543.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom