What I learned when I lost my camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For my replacement camera ....

I just ordered a dog tag to put on my camera rig. It has my name, 'REWARD IF FOUND', my phone number, email address and 'PLEASE CALL!' engraved on it. It cost $8.80 including shipping (and I don't have to go to the pet store to get it!). I got it from a company called Love Your Pets. I plan to attach it to the tray and hope that if something happens it is all attached together.

For my replacement camera ....

I just ordered a dog tag to put on my camera rig. It has my name, 'REWARD IF FOUND', my phone number, email address and 'PLEASE CALL!' engraved on it. It cost $8.80 including shipping (and I don't have to go to the pet store to get it!). I got it from a company called Love Your Pets. I plan to attach it to the tray and hope that if something happens it is all attached together.

I used my label maker and have my name and phone number on labels that are inside my housing and on each of my rechargeable strobe batteries. That's nine places.

Since we're talking about things lost or damaged while diving.

My wife tried to take our new minivan diving last week (that moonlights as my scuba mobile)...

Hydrolocked the engine, most likely cracked the block, and who knows what else. I pulled the top end apart dumping / removing buckets of water as I went. 3 cylinders were full of water. Got her running and the engine is completely shot. Blowing white smoke and knocking like crazy.

Life goes on, and thankfully she didn't get hurt...but it was not a good night.

Attachments

• IMG_34591.jpg
    IMG_34591.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210604_093127.jpg
    20210604_093127.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 70
I lost my camera (TG-6, neg bouyant) on a boat dive here on Kaua'i. Did not notice until we were halfway back to the dock. I must have dropped it when using the very janky boat ladder. We were at a popular spot and this was during COVID when few visitors were here. Two days later another shop found it right near the mooring buoy. Small island so everyone knew it was mine. It was a good lesson.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom