What to do with long fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theriel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been wondering how to (efficiently) pack myself for the coming dive trip. From my previous experience I know that the biggest problem are... Mares Quattros.

The fins are approximately 75cm long. What do you do with fins of similar length while flying?

The problem is:
1. They don't *really* fit the carry-on requirements (55cm)
2. If I want to pack them in my check-in luggage I need to take a much bigger suitcase *just* to make sure that they fit.

I was thinking maybe to take a dedicated carry-on bag *just* for the fins and hope that they won't make problems (relatively small, although long piece of luggage)?

I have seen on this forum people advocating Dive caddy. I am sorry but it is just too big for a carry-on luggage. With my luck there is *no* way that they will let me through.

All suggestions highly valued!

P.S. I just thought that probably the best solution would be to sell them and buy jetfins... much shorter ;p.

Best,
Theriel

Some divers do opt for alternate travel fins.

When faced with the same situation my wife and I opted for 1 full size case (high luggage weight burden) for the largest items and then used more efficient cases and duffels for the denser items.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom