What size cylinders are in use for argon/air drysuit inflation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An lp 14 would be my choice, especially if you are going to fill it yourself. the advantage of lp is that you can get a few more fills without boosting. On my rec rig I use a "Quick draw bracket" that attaches to the BC strap. On my twins I use a "pony tamer" system. on both I set the bottle inverted in case I need too shut it down for any reason. I've never had an issue with either of these setups and they hold the pony secure so as not too become a hassle. That's just my preference.

I use a 13cf Al with 'air' not argon....though it is labeled argon!

Tony's white bottle mounted this way makes his doubles look like the Space Shuttle with it's booster rockets mounted on the side. :)
Having a big argon bottle makes my butt look proportionately smaller :D

big_butt.jpg

Having a big argon bottle makes my butt look proportionately smaller :D

big_butt.jpg

Are those 'tank boots' I see..........:11:

Hell my doubles have a matching pair!!!!!! :wink:

Yup those are tanks boots! And as far as anyone knows, I borrowed those tanks from Duane and he insisted that I use the boots! :wink:

The boots do have a slimming effect!

Yup those are tanks boots! And as far as anyone knows, I borrowed those tanks from Duane and he insisted that I use the boots! :wink:

The boots do have a slimming effect!

............:rofl3::14:

I use a 13cf Al with 'air' not argon....though it is labeled argon!
You just have the sticker there too save a couple of bucks on annual inspection fees,:no you tight wad:rofl3::rofl3:
Just kidding

A little off topic in this old thread but...

Does anyone know if a valve from an AL6 would fit an OMS LP13?

I'd like to swap the valve over to the LP13.

Anyone have any experience with small steel tanks for DS inflation? Likely a 2400 PSI 13, but I just found a VERY good price on an HP13 Worthington. I know the HP tank will never get a full argon fill without a booster, but I'm honestly expecting to be using air most of the time. If anyone has tried small steel tanks for DS inflation, do you notice the added negative buoyancy compared to the AL tanks?

the steal tank is neg so you may find your self pulling to one side this is why they use al. i use a 6cuft both shops i use fills with boosers so i get full fills i can get 2 150 dives out of it and when im doing none trimix i use my back gas.
My next one will be an lp 14 for the resons everone had posted :eyebrow: when i do tech 2 thats is :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom