What shops on Oahu can fill O2 to 3000psi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for a place in a few weeks to do O2 fills on Oahu ... preferably to 3000psi, though if not I'll live with less I guess. btw - I'm not military, so getting to any shops on base is difficult ...

Aloha, Tim

Island divers, might have to take it to Hawaii Kai shop (they'll fill it at Hickam shop). I am pretty sure Ocean Concepts does as well (can't believe I actually typed their name). They might not though if you don't have your tank VIP/O2 cleaning done through them, sign over your first born, take a special class from them, etc.

honestly on oahu its all about location cause all the above mentioned shops and others do a good job on the tank fills.

honestly on oahu its all about location cause all the above mentioned shops and others do a good job on the tank fills.

I've been getting air fills at Dive Oahu, but the two people I asked about O2 fills did not know - I gotta remember to ask again next time I go in...

btw - looking for 100% Oxygen fills to 3000 psi, not air.

I'll check out Breeze if Dive Oahu can't do it - Do they have a booster?

btw - IDH Hawaii Kai is just too far if someone else closer can do it...

Thanks for the ideas thus far :)

Aloha, Tim

btw - IDH Hawaii Kai is just too far if someone else closer can do it...

Sometimes the IDH staff will meet you at the Hickam gate to pick up your bottle. It's a bit of a pain, but easier than driving to Hawaii Kai.

Besides them and Ocean Concepts, I don't know of anyone with a booster. See in Sea used to be great for Nitrox & O2 fills, but sadly they are no more.

Getting O2 fills on this island isn't the simplest exercise. I tell you, LP tanks never looked more attractive!

Sadly it's a built in 2 liter O2 cylinder ... so I don't really want a partial fill - my other option is to go with a lp27 and simply mount it externally.

A booster is starting to look like a very necessary piece of equipment.

I've probably got a month to work all this out before it arrives, just trying to plan ahead a bit.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom