What Scubapro regulator is best for combating dry mouth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gas from one shop in my area seems much drier than from other shops. Maybe @Nitrox_DiverNY could shop around for a different gas source before switching regs.

I don't think anyone mentioned the Sherwood Oasis, which apparently is designed to increase moisture. I have zero experience with it though.

I combat drymouth with rebreather, ffs mask or halfmask buddy phone. All these work because they leave some of your exhale to space and so humidity is higher.
xt100-e1515178737162.jpg

I don't think anyone mentioned the Sherwood Oasis, which apparently is designed to increase moisture. I have zero experience with it though.
I’ve never dived anything other than a Sherwood Oasis (35 years of diving/1,000 dives).

Obviously can’t compare it to anything else, but also never experienced dry mouth.

My G.U.E sugar-daddy gave me permission to post.

Stick a Capri Sun in your pocket and use it if you need it. I tried a Pepsi once but that didn’t work so well. Don’t let the agencies get wind of this type of thing or I suppose they will make a class/cert for it. :rofl3:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I'm hoping I can find someone who would like to trade one for a G250 or D300. I have plenty of those, and a bunch of D series poppets.

I just saw this, have managed since my moaning to stock up on poppets for life thanks ha ha ha ha?

Also doing some Archaeologising recently re uncovered half a dozen extra so we have some spares

019.JPG

Sweet moist air!

Alas like Jack they're back in their dark box for house moving, but next time out they're on permanent display

the old Oceanic Omega 2 breathes wet

Hey Belthazor twist the mouthpiece around a bit to angularise the reg and they breathe dry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom