What Scubapro regulator is best for combating dry mouth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox_DiverNY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, I am looking at some Scubapro regs but one major concern for me is getting a reg that will help combat dry mouth. I use a hog D3 zenith now and the dry mouth sucks!! What Scubapro reg would be best at eliminating dry mouth?

Hello all, I am looking at some Scubapro regs but one major concern for me is getting a reg that will help combat dry mouth. I use a hog D3 zenith now and the dry mouth sucks!! What Scubapro reg would be best at eliminating dry mouth?
None, and that doesn’t mean no SP but no second stage is really going to combat a physiological condition, go for regulator performance over something that no regulator is exceptionally good at controlling.

None, and that doesn’t mean no SP but no second stage is really going to combat a physiological condition, go for regulator performance over something that no regulator is exceptionally good at controlling.
Thanks for the feedback, ill keep that in mind

Some people say metal regulators provide a bit of moisture, the only metal regulator Subapro has is the A700. Also there’s a thing called bio filter that adds moisture to air before it goes into your regulator. I try to super hydrate and not drink coffee or alcohol before diving.

Drink water.

I typically pee twice during a dive.

Some people say metal regulators provide a bit of moisture, the only metal regulator Subapro has is the A700. Also there’s a thing called bio filter that adds moisture to air before it goes into your regulator. I try to super hydrate and not drink coffee or alcohol before diving.

Thanks im going to look into the A700. I have heard of that bio filter thing but I would be nervous it would cause mold to grow since its adding moisture. Thanks for the help

Drink water.

I typically pee twice during a dive.
I drink water and Gatorade like a fish before and after dives but I think its just that reg, I didn't have that issue on the rental regs I was using before I bought that hog

I drink water and Gatorade like a fish before and after dives but I think its just that reg, I didn't have that issue on the rental regs I was using before I bought that hog
Do yourself a favor, rack up 100 dives before you looks at other regulators, the HOGis a fine regulator, it has a metal air barrel which some think helps with moisture retention, if you didn’t have an issue with rental gear you may have more along the line of buyers remorse than a real issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom