What Scubapro mask has the lowest volume?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What scubapro mask has the lowest volume.

Presently im using Spectra. I know it's considered a low volume mask...

But which has the lowest? working on trim.. and loosing weights. Already have a BP/W (Aluminum) and im down to my last pound of weight.

working on trim.. and loosing weights. Already have a BP/W (Aluminum) and im down to my last pound of weight.

Are you implying that a lower volume mask will help?

sheesh, whats next? A "g-string"??????:rofl3:

Now.. why woudn't a low volume mask help? Like I said.. Im down to my last pound of weight.

by going BP/W i've removed a considerable amount of bouyant material.... I don't wear wetsuit just a rashguard...
so the last bouyant material would be the air in the mask. Is that very hard to understand?

Now.. why woudn't a low volume mask help? Like I said.. Im down to my last pound of weight.

by going BP/W i've removed a considerable amount of bouyant material.... I don't wear wetsuit just a rashguard...
so the last bouyant material would be the air in the mask. Is that very hard to understand?

Frankly, yes

katescubapro, mikko, tstormdiver, thanks for the input.

tortuga68, i don't know what you're up to... but it was a serious product question. i don't know if you really can't tell. or you're just playing smart with me.

tortuga68, i don't know what you're up to...

I'm trying to help you.

Firstly, water weighs 2.2 pounds/litre, so in order to reduce your nominal buoyancy by 1# you'd need to reduce the displacement of your mask by nearly half a litre. Unless you're currently diving some Mike Nelson-era mask, that's unlikely. Since you're already using a low volume mask I'm going to guess the difference will be closer to 100ml or 1/5#.

Secondly, most people equalise their mask during the dive; intentionally or otherwise.

If you want to get a low/er/est volume mask by all means do, but don't do it because it's going to improve your trim or weighting, because it won't to any measurable degree.

Back
Top Bottom