What’s your favorite pair of fins and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTyme:
I was always complaining about packing my Blades II so my wife bought me a pair of Zeagle Teleoz fins. They "feel" different then standard fins but I did a timed distance swim with both fins and results were about the same. The Teleoz fins pack very small and are lightweight. For traveling and pool use they are my first choice.
Tim

I never tried a pair of Zeagle Teleoz, the design intrigues me. I have often wondered about the comfort due to the athletic style foot pocket. This fin may be worth a try in the near future!

I decided to splurge based on the comments I saw and buy the Mares Volo Power open heel fins. I just tried them on a recent diving trip and really like them. I am not a strong kicker yet and I was amazed with how much power I felt I had. They are also extremely lightweight. I could barely tell I had them on. I am very pleased!

Keysdrifter454:
Frog and modified frog.

I own 'em.

I hate 'em.

Same here.. been in the attic for a loooooong time. Using Volo Power now.

Poseidon8118:
I never tried a pair of Zeagle Teleoz, the design intrigues me. I have often wondered about the comfort due to the athletic style foot pocket. This fin may be worth a try in the near future!

The foot pockets are quite comfortable - unfortunately the fins themselves are totally useless underwater! Another pair of fins I wouldn’t recommend to my worse enemy is the Tusa Platina D.A.S. They are uncomfortable, awkwardly shaped and slow. Tusa’s so-called D.A.S. is the triumph of marketing over (pointless) design. The Platina is now thankfully discontinued.

I own two pairs of fins, the Apollo Bio-fin Pro and Scubapro Jetfins. As much as I love the Bio-fins, I use my Jetfins almost exclusively now - they are great for all diving conditions, virtually indestructable and very compact (great for travelling). Very easy to put on too, thanks to spring heels.

NOTE: This list is not in any order of rating....

1) Mares Quattros. Absolutely love them, but they are a bit on the long side in my case for packing on a trip. I have a size 14 foot, so the XL's is what I have. They are great for open water and if you have a decent kick.

2) Jetfins. Bought these when I go wreck diving. Short, yet powerful. You WILL get big leg muscles wearing these fins....

3) Mares Volo. Was given these by my wife. Useful if you have strained a leg muscle or pulled a ligament in your legs. Lightweight and somewhat shorter than the Quattros.

All in all, I think I like my Quattros the best. It may be because I have been diving them the longest. But if I am doing wreck penetrations, then the Quattros stay in the box and the Jetfins come out...

1) Mares Plana Avanti X3: Started diving with this fin. Currently serves as my back-up fin.

2) Aqualung Super Rocket Fin: Got a good deal via eBay. I am a large person and leg power is not a problem. Very effective when compared to the Mares Avanti X3.

I might get a pair of Scubapro Jet Fin. Tried it before I got my Rocket Fin and felt it performs similarly. But I didn't have that much diving experience when I first try such rubber fins. On this web board, most people praised the Jet Fin over the Rocket Fin. In any case, will stick to Rockef Fin for now.

I have dove a number of different fins, my fav is Mares Plana Avanti or the Plana Quatro although I feel the Quatro is a tad on the soft side but still moves a ton of water and therefore moves me as well.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom