What pad do you use for gearing up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1/2 height rubbermaid tubs and a small tarp. Keep the wet gear wet and the vehicle dry (and the feet clean)

_R

A beat up old towel? Or nothing. Depending on shore conditions, sometimes I put on my wetsuit and wetboots in the water, especially if it's sandy or muddy and not too cold.

I'm partial to an old canvas paint tarp, find the plastic variety tarps can become wicked slick.

Usually a basic tarp, but also I have a little ground pad for surfers that is circular and has a draw string to cinch it up. It's waterproof so I just strip off the suit while standing on it, cinch it up and throw it in the back of the car until I'm home.

I use a boot tray from Target.

1'2"x2'6" Boot Tray Black - Mohawk

It's cheap, dries fast, and allows rinse water to "pool" which makes rinsing sand off booties easier.

I think setup and clean up take up twice the time I'm diving.

Exactly why My 2019 resolution is that diving will be a daylong activity not an hour long one :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom