• No - I either don't have the training or I'm not making the dives

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • No - I'm not a technical diver but I'm interested

Votes: 75 33.0%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 12 5.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's just a matter of how deep you go. When we were ice diving in teh Czech republic there were divers there making deco dives under the ice. personally, I found it more interesting to scoot around just under the ice and watch the bubbles.... :)

R..

....is it tec or tech ?? :D

Yes in caves almost every weekend, beyond ndl's and sometimes mix

Full cave, Trimix. I think it's becoming more popular, but I think "true" technical diving will always be a niche. What I mean by "true" is those who "tech" dive regularly and don't just holiday tech dive.

I have taken one "technical" training course (lowest level) from GUE and have done very few below 45m dives since completing my training but I do train in shallower/recreational depths regularly when I cannot do the deeper dives. I have many below 40m dives planned this year.

I have finished deco/advanced EANx and starting Tech/Normoxic this summer.

Full cave, trimix and technical wreck...

All my instructors have emphasized that you need to dive to your quals regularly to be able to do the dives safely...at least 5 dives to each "level" per year has been mentioned as an absolute minimum...The only issue is my cave-certification because I have to travel to dive (unless you count mines)...

I got certified because those kinds of dives are what I enjoy the most, every dive (almost), is an absolute pleaure the only downside is cost...Me and my buddy are starting to work our way up to 2hr RTs, doing it slowly means that we have time to enjoy every step of the way...the only issue is p-valves...I will propably have to give up and get one :11: ...

Excellent poll. I always thought that we are heavily weighted to the gungho hardcore divers on this board...

But that is great for us beginners.... We get good advices from you folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom