Question [Poll] Have you needed a manifold?

Out of necessity on a real dive, I have:

• Never actually needed to close any of the valves on a manifolded twinset.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Closed one valve because of an unstoppable regulator freeflow that spontaneously began underwater.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Closed one valve because a leak in the DIN or yoke connection that occurred while on the dive.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Consumed [nearly] ALL gas from both cylinders, with one failed regulator and one closed valve.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never actually needed to close the manifold valve on a twinset rig.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Closed the manifold valve because of a leak in one side of the manifold.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Closed the manifold valve because of a cylinder o ring failure that _occurred while diving_.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other useful twinset-specific action [please describe?]

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just use the top knob on my tyre pumper, took the bottom knob off so it doesn't roll on

024.JPG

and it didn't fit

The doubles I used most had a manifold without an isolation valve. I kind of like that configuration, but with less than 50 dives on the setup I never had to do any shutting off of valves at all, other than drills.

It kinda fits into the others above, but I've had hose failures underwater and have had a second stage come unscrewed from the LP hose, and have had a DIN ring spontaneously decide to stop sealing. Except for the hose failure it was fixable underwater.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom