What motivates you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know guys don't think like that?:eyebrow:

We normally view all women as beautiful Greek statues of goddesses, with or without the heart.:)

You and Denise have really done it now.... I don't think I'll ever be able to look at another woman without thinking of her as cold, hard and negatively buoyant. :eyebrow:

R..

You and Denise have really done it now.... I don't think I'll ever be able to look at another woman without thinking of her as cold, hard and negatively buoyant. :eyebrow:

R..

But take a look at her photos, and see that she is definitely not a "sinker."

As the Swiss would say, "da ist vielen holtz vor den feur."

How could anyone resist your beautiful smile? You caught me at a moment of weakness.

So rather it would be "snared" than "driven".:eyebrow:

Ahhhhh...now I don't feel cold and heartless like a statue...but Greek goddess will do quite nicely..:wink:

I've always been motivated by a desire to do things that I felt had social value beyond myself and my economic well-being (in fact, the things I do are often at odds with that). Education is one strong motivator... helping people to see beyond their known universe which hopefully will motivate them to do "good" things for others and for their planet. This is an ultimate motivator.. one that has pretty much been life-long.

Dave (Teamcasa)... I find I'm not afraid to "fail" as long as I learn from it. I've had a number of "failures" along with some good successes.

As for basic instincts... I think I still have them, but they seem to be repressed due to lack of proper external stimuli!

Fear of failure may have been a bigger factor when I was young. But I can't remember.

Now I am old, and there are few fears that haunt me anymore.

And I don't remember what it was like to be young, either.

Memory is one of those things ... . :)

Old? There is no such thing as young or old. There are those who think they know what they are doing...and those who know...

Back
Top Bottom