What Most Irritates Female Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alaity47:
Depends how cold the water is. :) Hard to strip off the wetsuit and do a "prop check" here in California without freezing.... and sadly, we can't just go over the side.

Then again, I've never seena guy go over the side on a dive boat either, and I think I'd be a bit alarmed if I did see such a thing!
Neither have I, at least not with a lady on the boat. I guess there is a difference if you're drysuit diving but if not, both genders tend to have the same option...

sharpenu:
There is a woman I know who said she feels like an outsider everytime an off color comment is made and everyone looks at her to see if she is offended. She tells me she only wants to fit in and this makes her feel like an outsider.
Tell her to make the first off color comment...

I've been on dive boats (dry suit diving in Canada) where the guys have gone off the boat. They do it as modestly as they can and I'm not offended by it when they are being modest.

I don't appreciate raunchy jokes or language from either gender. I just don't think it is necessary.

Every diver I have ever met has made off the collar remarks, or told raunchy jokes.
We are all adults, and I personally do not get offended. I think it is something you just have to accept. Try chilling out and joining in, you may find that you may enjoy yourself. Raunchy jokes are something that goes with the dive territory.
Although when there are children present this does not take place. :wink:

I can't say that anything in particular about being a female diver actually irritates me . . .most male divers treat me with respect. Many of the macho ones are just young guys trying to show off or something, which doesn't bother me unless it's unsafe i.e. while diving.
Sheer unfriendliness does bother me sometimes but I don't know if that's anything to do with me being a woman. It rarely happens.

You are asking the impossible. We are idiots and are hard wired to systematically generate those responses you have mentioned. Please re-phrase your question or press A to abort, I to Ignore, or R to Retry......

chickdiver:
Phish-phood-

I work part time for a swimsuit designer, and I help run swimwear shows. Our girls are professional bikini models (many are also Hawaiian Tropic Girls). Because our shows take place in casual settings, on the beach- we have the same problem with guys pulling the ties. Here's a simple, fool proof solution (also guaranteed to irritate the tie puller)- tie a square knot, then the bow over it. They can pull the bow out, but not the knot, so your modesty is saved!

LOL I'll have to remember that!!! The look on their faces when they realise they've been 'had' will be priceless.

Maybe I am naive, but I can not believe some would risk exposing a woman by pulling her string!!!!!!!!!!!! You all must dive with different people than who I have dived with!!!!!!!!!!

no kidding... who are these yahoos?

There sure are some idiots in the world. This does not surprise me at all. Disappointing yes, but surprising? No. Some people never progress emotionally past the sixth grade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom