What metal regs are available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Show off.

No, this is showing off.

ba-w-perforated-metal-cover-jpg.446494.jpg

To the OP... keep an eye out for used regulators. I bought a recently serviced A700 for $300 (maybe 40% off retail)... so cheaper prices are out there if you look.
I will say I'm very happy with that regulator, and I bet you'd be too... they're expensive, but beautiful and perform VERY well.

Nice!
Hey Couv, do you think there is anyway that someone could use a CNC machine or lazer cutter to increase the exhaust valve port size on a 109/156, so that a 29mm or 32mm would fit?

Nice!
Hey Couv, do you think there is anyway that someone could use a CNC machine or lazer cutter to increase the exhaust valve port size on a 109/156, so that a 29mm or 32mm would fit?
Using a CNC or similar device to modify the exhaust port is a question for @Luis H , @herman , or @lowviz and probably a lot of others here, but not me.

However, funny you should ask about an enlarged exhaust port, because the Balanced Adjustable in that picture already has the same size exhaust valve as the G250. I also have one or two more late model BAs that have the same.

Using a CNC or similar device to modify the exhaust port is a question for @Luis H , @herman , or @lowviz and probably a lot of others here, but not me.

However, funny you should ask about an enlarged exhaust port, because the Balanced Adjustable in that picture already has the same size exhaust valve as the G250. I also have one or two more late model BAs that have the same.
That is interesting!
Do they all have the perforated front cover? Or is there any other way you can identify one of these BA’s with the bigger exhaust (if you were looking at a pic on EBay for example)?

Nice!

Won't you have to re chrome any exposed brass after cutting ?

Do they all have the perforated front cover?

No. In fact that is the only BA I have with a perforated cover.

Or is there any other way you can identify one of these BA’s with the bigger exhaust (if you were looking at a pic on EBay for example)?

Unfortunately, all of my regs are put away right now because of home renovations. I cannot say (as I suspect) they all have CE markings. I'm pretty sure they all have a matte finish though. The definitive answer of course is to see the exhaust diaphragm itself. The flange around it that holds the exhaust tee in place is less conical in shape and has a flat edge. Bottom line, have the seller show a picture of the exhaust without the tee installed.

Edit-Found a picture I took a while back.

420484-58df4eb71c3cc55f2d716d4750e8d2b8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom