What makes the Atomic Venom mask worth $260???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheShark1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does it never leak or fog ever? Has anyone used this thing? It costs as much as 2 or 3 other high quality masks. Is it even close to being worth it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Sometimes rich people will buy the most expensive stuff just so they can talk about how much they paid for it. They don't do research because they have too much money and so they just figure if it;s the most expensive then it must be the best. Not so.

Atomic is establishing itself in the high quality/expensive end of the spectrum. The price of their regulators for the quality delivered is superb! Their poodle jacket? Not so much. This mask? Well, the advantage of great glass is neutralized by your dive's silty water, or a little fogging, or not having your add-on Rx lenses, so you gotta wonder about that cost...

they do fit good an feel good.. an the arc lens helps underwater.. but its still a lot of cash..

they do fit good an feel good...

You gotta love the marketing guy that came up with the "Gummy Bear" description of the skirt on your face, lol!

But me? I'm gonna buy it because it has "Wicked Styling!"

Well...maybe not.

I considered bying it and tried it on in the store. Felt somewhat heavy and clumsy and not as wide viewing angle as I hoped. Bought a 50$ Oceanic Shadow mask instead. It's perfect for me. The ultra clear lenses of the Venom mask may not keep their promises when covered by sweat and snot.

Back
Top Bottom