What makes the Atomic Venom mask worth $260???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, @stuartv has it right.
You just never know until...
We can complain about cost and value, but once you find the mask that fits YOUR face, everything gets so much better.
And if it cost $30 or (gulp) $230, it doesn't matter. You're a happy (albeit poorer) diver! Hey, at least we aren't skiers!
Oh, let me tell you about my ski boots... While they don't leak, they are killing me!!! A leaky mask (got one of those too) is a very minor nuisance in comparison - I don't even notice anymore... but agreed, a well fitting mask is nice...

But I gotta tell you, stuartv, that DGX frameless is one UGLY mask. :rofl3:

Really? DGX has some masks that I think are ugly, but that one doesn't strike me as ugly at all.

I guess that's why my grandmother used to tell me (frequently), that's why there's chocolate and vanilla.

Not my fault if some idjits prefer vanilla.... :wink: :wink:

If a mask fits you (and you’re hard to fit), it doesn’t matter how much it costs!

If a mask fits you (and you’re hard to fit), it doesn’t matter how much it costs!

Word. I was actually thinking about buying one of these - if it fits well I won't need another mask and over the lifetime the price isn't a big deal to me. Did not fit me well. I really wish more masks offered better quality glass and coatings it seems strange there are so few.

The dgx frameless masks are nice! I bought a couple for my boys who are getting into scuba and may need another for myself.

Plus you may recognize it, because it is the SAME mask as many of the "high end" high cost masks from other companies.

Last edited:
So I looked at the mask that @enduser suggested. https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-ultra-view-single-lens-frameless-mask
and if you read some of the comments, one person said that it competes with the Venom. With that in mind I think i want to try this DGX mask since i like my subframe so much. But does anyone know if they they fit the same as my atomic subframe? For $29 its worth the gamble, but I'm just curious if anyone knows if all of the atomic's fit the same.

I use the DGX Ultra View mask as a backup because it works GREAT. The only reason it's not my primary mask is that I can't get over the fact it's so inexpensive--it's a psychological thing. Buy one and, if it doesn't fit, send it back to DGX. Easy. Heck, buy two.

So I looked at the mask that @enduser suggested. https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-ultra-view-single-lens-frameless-mask
and if you read some of the comments, one person said that it competes with the Venom. With that in mind I think i want to try this DGX mask since i like my subframe so much. But does anyone know if they they fit the same as my atomic subframe? For $29 its worth the gamble, but I'm just curious if anyone knows if all of the atomic's fit the same.

I have both the atomic and this dgx and they do fit different. Both great masks and both good fit just not quite the same feel and fit. The skirt materials are different. Not sure that is helpful and someone else may be able to articulate it better. Lol.

@BDSC

Dude, I knew there was a reason I followed you around on dives. Didn't know it was the mask. :confused: :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom