What makes the Atomic Venom mask worth $260???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have to go deeper for those.

I have found quite a few in Mexico!!! Don't necessarily have to go under water either....

I learned pretty quickly and early on that you don't pick your mask...your mask picks you. You just have to find it because the mask that fits doesn't come looking for you. I have a Venom frameless, but it's not the ARC one. I think it cost me $169.00. I like it and it is a good mask. Schott glass is the best optical glass made, period, end of story. The trouble I have with the Venom frameless is that the skirt is so soft it seems like it constantly moves around on me while I dive. I find that the strap has to be adjusted exactly dead on just right or it either moves too much and leaks or it don't move but leaks worse. The mask is a real pleasure to dive with if I get the strap tension just right.
I just got a ScubaPro Spectra. As I understand it the Spectra is a discontinued mask and it has been replaced with the Synergy. The Spectra is still available {at least for now}. It does have a wide skirt, but it is the one mask I have tried that absolutely, positively does not leak, not even a molecule. It was $90.00 and I had to order it, but to get a mask that don't leak I would have paid way more!!!
I also have a Tusa Freedom HD and that is also a very good mask. I had a lot of trouble getting it to stop fogging, but once I got it clean it has proven to be a very good one. I can get a little leak out of it, but not much. Bottom line, would I buy another Venom? Yep, very comfortable. It is a little picky to adjust, but it is the one mask I have that don't leave any marks on my face when I finish a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom