• Naturalist

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • Explorer

Votes: 86 66.2%
  • Hunter

Votes: 21 16.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

about the same chance as pig in the pen or a chicken in the coop or a beef in the barn.

Now if you were a vegan I could understand the sorrow. :wink:

Seems as if we both boarded the same train of thought today UP.

about the same chance as pig in the pen or a chicken in the coop or a beef in the barn.
Now if you were a vegan I could understand the sorrow. :wink:

Yes and the above is that they are bread to be killed, and eaten, and I have no problems with that or with Fish Farming it is a sustainable industry.

But I am against killing fish with spears on tropical reefs, using Cyanide and explosive fishing. I believe it sucks.

Cave Diver once bubbled...

Fish have a much better chance against a diver with a speargun than a deer has against someone with a rifle...

My point exactley hunting sucks !!

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
Yes and the above is that they are bread to be killed
They don't agree with that sentiment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

But more importantly...

did you notice that pig and pen both start with the letter *p*?

and that chicken and coop both start with the letter *c*?

and that beef and barn both start with the letter *b*?

And that stands for PCB.

BTW: those bred for the table animals that you eat?

They are filled with growth hormones, insecticides, herbicides and industrial pollutants as well as having been genetically altered and then fed the farm version of soylent green for their short miserable lives before being terrified up a chute to suddenly die with an overload of adrenaline coarsing through them.

Hmmmm.... put another shrimp on the barbie... :eek:ut:

BTW: those bred for the table animals that you eat?

They are filled with growth hormones, insecticides, herbicides and industrial pollutants as well as having be genetically altered and then fed the farm version of solent green for their short miserable lives before being terrified up a chute to suddenly die with an overload of adrenaline coarsing through them.

Hmmmm.... put another shrimp on the barbie... :eek:ut:

Maybe in America the above is true.
But thankfully I get my meat from home Grown Aussie Beef, Pigs and Chickens all free range, born and bred in OutBack OZ. No PCB's down here mate we don't need em !!

PS We dont Eat Shrimps they are American we eat Prawns

IMO, nothing wrong with responsible hunting (land or sea). I am defining resposnsible as safe and legal. I grew up with it and by the way the deer usually got away. Maybe it's age but I enjoy it less than I used too but that is a choice that I do not wish to force on others. And...fresh fish and game does make the best meal.

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
Yes and the above is that they are bread to be killed, and eaten, and I have no problems with that or with Fish Farming it is a sustainable industry.
Just a point of order. The deer and elk around here are fed and managed to be eaten just like the beef. They just have a bigger feed lot and you have to go fetch your own. The sad thing is that some jerk decided they should be fed (while still alive) to grizzlies and wolves without so much as a by you leave from the folkes that have been doing all the feeding and managing. Out here we call that stealing. Anyway. I have to admit that cyanide and explosives, like grizzlies and wolves, sounds a bit over the top.

Oh. I voted explorer. I love a new dive site. Went out looking for one just yesterday. :)

Back
Top Bottom