• Naturalist

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • Explorer

Votes: 86 66.2%
  • Hunter

Votes: 21 16.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...after thinking about it for a while... and even though I already voted naturalist/explorer... I must confess that neither are really my motivation for diving.

I just really like being under water.

When driving down the road I will be glancing at all the ditches, ponds, streams, lakes, rivers, bays, inlets, sounds and the ocean and my wife knows what I am thinking.

I don't even have to do anything to be happy under water... just being there is really enough for me... the rest is window dressing.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
When driving down the road I will be glancing at all the ditches, ponds, streams, lakes, rivers, bays, inlets, sounds and the ocean and my wife knows what I am thinking.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that looks at every water puddle as a potential dive site...

Cave Diver once bubbled...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that looks at every water puddle as a potential dive site...
I think a LOT of us do that! It drives my girlfriend nuts! I will be driving down the road, and I will slow down to look at a puddle. I do this a lot in Florida looking for sinks. If I see a group of trees, I almost stop to see if water is present. Whe I am visiting my mothers house, I drive by all of the caves listed near her house on www.floridacaves.com and then point them out to everyone in the car. Of course I do this everytime I drive by them, so my passengers start to get annoyed! LOL!!!

Anything slightly larger than a glass of water and I'll be ready to pack my gear! It usually drive my SO nuts when we're flying over water and I voice my longing to be down there in stead of up here!
I don't know why it's like that, but it can't be the nitrogen as most my dives are in less than 10 m (30').

When you consider the amount of times I repeatedly dive sites amongst old empty beer cans in cold sepia water so thick it tastes dusty you know it doesn't make rational sense. Its just an obsession. Now and again I get in some deep clear water and feel so good, but am I narked or was it a touch of pixie dust. :D

My standard reply to non-divers......"beats workin" Only in the LDS,here or among diving buds do you get "ahhhh"and a knowing look.

Well, I hate to admit it however, I'm the kind of diver that makes for entertainment. My coordination and ability to reason are about the same on land as they are underwater.

My belief is that my hubby is secretly gathering enough video of my graceful entries, elegant exits, refined navigating and poised movements on boats to sell on Comedy Central later.

I've been forced to do the splits (1 leg on 1 boat with my other leg on another boat) 3" above the water, almost killed myself by trying hang onto a ladder while exiting during a storm...well, the list goes on and on.

Fortunately, I do have good buoyancy and don't harm reef, fish or other divers!

What kind of diver am I?

In Lake Michigan we have great wrecks to explore. The great thing about fresh water, you don't have all that crud growing on things. No toredo worms either. And of course there isn't anything swimming around that is liable to eat you.:)
The great lakes rock!

Back
Top Bottom