• Naturalist

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • Explorer

Votes: 86 66.2%
  • Hunter

Votes: 21 16.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AltonK

Reaction score
I'm really interested in how the divers here would classifiy themselves. are you a:

1) Naturalist - prone to hang in one spot observing a square meter of reef waiting for the shy creatures to come out and play.

2) Explorer - Thrilled to be the one to lay the last foot of guide line or have been know to make a hole in the sand under the keel of your favorite deep wreck so that your gauge reads the deepest and the longest

3) Hunter - you bring three of four buddies along, not for an ooa but because four bug tickets are better than one. and a lift bag to get them to the surface

I wish I was a better photographer, but basically I'm a naturalist a heart. I've spent a lot of bottom time staring a small section of reef waiting for the shy creatures to come out. Of course my buddies are useally wearing out their subducks and pulling on my leg to move on.

just give me a challenge and a new dive site.
p.s
being an explorer does not give an excuse for planning a dive properly, taking neccesary precautions, diving according to your level and takeing good care of your buddy.
dive deep but dive safe

I consider myself all three, an explorer like myself is ready to explore a square meter of area and hunt for photo subjects as well as observing the behavior of animals in a water enviroment.

:togo: The reef iswhere its at.
Caymaniac

caymaniac once bubbled...
I consider myself all three, an explorer like myself is ready to explore a square meter of area and hunt for photo subjects as well as observing the behavior of animals in a water enviroment.

:togo: The reef iswhere its at.
Caymaniac

You got it right, Caymaniac! :thumb:

Don't know too many folks that at some time aren't each.I mostly hunt either fish ,crustaceans or fossils.With my DW in tow I look for that M2 tho for her to get cool pix.When my testosterone gets the better of me(why lie) I 'll look for somewhere few or none have been and spend a lot of time and $ to go there.

Explorer, Naturalist and Teacher.

It saddens me to hear people can hunt on Scuba. There is no sport in that. What chance does aquatic animal life have with scuba and a spear ?

It's not just spears. There are alot of bug hunters here in FL. But I guess they are really bug collectors. (the bugs rarely fight back)
There are more lobsters in freezers in florida than on the reefs.

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
What chance does aquatic animal life have with scuba and a spear ?
about the same chance as pig in the pen or a chicken in the coop or a beef in the barn.

Now if you were a vegan I could understand the sorrow. :wink:

Anyway...

As for the original question I vote:

Putzer
Pusher
Provider

in that order.

Sydney_Diver once bubbled...
Explorer, Naturalist and Teacher.

It saddens me to hear people can hunt on Scuba. There is no sport in that. What chance does aquatic animal life have with scuba and a spear ?

Fish have a much better chance against a diver with a speargun than a deer has against someone with a rifle...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom