• Naturalist

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • Explorer

Votes: 86 66.2%
  • Hunter

Votes: 21 16.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm both the top 2 to some degree but my main fun & what i look for most now is a good wreck.
I don't rip bits of em but i like to find out the history & why it's down there.
Some have good cargo to grot around for (like the Kyarra with her gold watches or the Somali with lead soldiers not that i've found any of either one yet).
Some are just fantastic to look at like those in Scapa flow (or the Salsette which had 600 portholes).
Some are just huge critter magnets (like the Firth Fisher which should be called the Conger wreck).
The wreck diving in the UK is fantastic (although a bit murky at times) so i'm a wreckie (or wreck ferret if you prefer).
Good diving

:cheers:

AltonK once bubbled...
So, What kinda diver are you?
:fishy:
I am definately a naturalist. I don't believe I could kill anything and I am allergic to seafood, (therefore no bugs)! I am in the process of becoming an Open Water instructor, just became a Dive Master. I enjoy just being in the water.

Don't have to be hunting or photographing....just diving.

I can't see how anyone could kill or destroy anything so magical as our reefs or anything that lives there. Just my opinion though...there are plenty of others that really enjoy spearfishing and bugging.

I like looking at fish,especially big ones. if people want to spearfish I guess its a free country. But I will avoid destinations where it takes place (Florida comes to mind).

Dynamite and cyanide fishing absolutely do suck (and are illegal in most places).

However, legal commercial factory ships with 40-mile long nets and shrimp trawlers that produce tons of unused bycatch kinda suck, too. They impart much more damage to the marine ecosytem in a single year than all the spearfishers that have ever lived. Why doncha gripe about them?

And if you think there are no PCBs/dioxins/furans or other chemical contaminanats in your part of the world, you're sorely mistaken.

AltonK once bubbled...
I've always wanted to put a lazyboy in the local quarry and try saturation diving. Of course I'd have to run cable too.
LOL!

I voted naturlist. I could spend hours looking at the stuff living in/on wrecks, nudibranches and stuff around the reef, etc.

Hunting....I have to agree it sucks, unless you're hunting food you will eat.

Exploring ..?...I like to go places someone has already been, so far.

i'm definitely an explorer...for now
I also want to start hunting later on (after more experience) but for now exploring is awesome

Back
Top Bottom