TRIP REPORT: Gangga Island Resort, October 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luko,

You must have been a little unlucky in 2009, was there at end of Feb and beginning of March following a stay at Kasawari and we saw the Pontohi with Gangga.

Have also seen what I believe is a Colmani in the area, not with Gangga but on a liveaboard out on the northern islands (picture attached) - not the best picture, they are very wriggly for seahorses!

Nelsons_Point_1_.jpg

EDIT:
Did a little more digging, here is a Pontohi from Gangga Jan 2008.

Rainbow_15_.jpg

Last edited:
Looks to me like a color variation of the Pontohi, (I feel the Colemani is bulkier wih distinct red markings I can't find there) The Pontohis can be any color ranging from pale yellow to dark brown. But who am I to say...
Have you submitted your photo to Rudie Kuiter or Neville Coleman, or even in the wetpixel Id board? The former would be quite surprized to see a Colemani living outside the South Pacific area.

You must have been a little unlucky in 2009, was there at end of Feb and beginning of March following a stay at Kasawari and we saw the Pontohi with Gangga.
We could have met, I was there at the same time there was no other diver than me and a german lady, you probably arrived on the shuttle boat I left with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom