• Skull mounted slide rule

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • RDP wedged somewhere on the body

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Other

Votes: 26 8.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a little different than many, as I am most often on my belly in a hole under a blower treasure hunting. My Suunto Vyper is on a retractor pulled up to my chest. That way it doesn't interfer with the metal detectors signal, doesn't scape all over the exposed rocks, coral, etc. and is where I can easily find it. A wrist mounted computer for my use would be always banging into rock ledges, rocks, etc. Had a compass on the wrist and it was torn off during a blow of a hole (sometime we stay down and cling to a rock while the boat blows a hole for 10 minutes. During that time we are enveloped in a total blackout as all of the sand, and debrie is blown out of the hole). I found it later using the metal detector. So I'll stay with a consol.:pirate:

nicodaemos once bubbled...

Any particular reason you went with a wrist mount over a console?

If its on the console and you leave all your gear in a dry box then it will stay on all the time if its sitting in the water at the bottom. You're more inclined to take care of it and keep it dry than you are if that entails taking the your whole reg out.

Plus it stops it dragging along rocks and getting smacked into things.

I'm thinking of getting the Vytec dive computer with the wireless transmission. The best price I could get in Australia is AU$1599, do you think is worth it?

Know any other places offer cheaper than AU$1599?

Cheers
RageFrog:confused:

RageFrog once bubbled...
I'm thinking of getting the Vytec dive computer with the wireless transmission. The best price I could get in Australia is AU$1599, do you think is worth it?

Know any other places offer cheaper than AU$1599?

Cheers
RageFrog:confused:

Should be cheeper here (Singapore) and at the moment the Aussie Dollar is rather strong so it would be quite cheep for you.

I think it was around the $1000-$1200 (sing dollar) mark but it may have changed.

Does anyone dive with a VR3 as the main computer and use a Suunto as a backup?

nicodaemos once bubbled...

Any particular reason you went with a wrist mount over a console?

Let me put it this way ... I can't come up with ONE reason for a console!

blackice once bubbled...

Should be cheeper here (Singapore).......

I think it was around the $1000-$1200 (sing dollar) mark but it may have changed.

Wow! If it's between SG$1000 and SG$1200, it's hell lot of different from AU$1599, which is offered from a guy from my university dive club. I know that the suggested retail price in Australia is about AU$1999. But why is there such a big difference in the price tag?!?:confused:

Hei, any idea which shop or diving centre offering at this low price? Maybe I will give them an overseas call and ask them to ship it over to Brisbane.

Cheers
William:whoa:

I just purchased my first computer after weeks of deliberations and comparisons from LP. The ultimate winner was the Uwatec Pro Ultra. It was a tough choice between the other finalists but after reading up on all the features, prices, pros and cons, I think I chose the right one for my type of diving (recreational with nitrox in the near future).
Computer on my left wrist, compass on my right, and analog SPG clipped on my side :) The analog console will stay in the bag for backup.
Thanks to everybody that have answered my questions in previous post. I'll be taking out the "puter" out for a test dive this weekend.

Happy Diving

I like the bungee cord Idea. Thanks for posting the pictures!!!

Opps...Wrong thread. Sorry. Another thread showed how to replace the wrist strap of a writst computer with criss crossing bungees. Still "wet" behind the ears on message board use. :)

Back
Top Bottom