What kind of car/truck do you have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My my my, what big wheels you have there.

Here's mine.

The newest toy is a '95 Wrangler.
This is backed up by a '00 Excursion ... that allows the whole family to travel in a single vehicle :)
(The Wrangler replaced a '01 Mustang ... no point in driving a Mustang when the highest speed limit on the island is 35 mph)

IslandHopper:
The newest toy is a '95 Wrangler.
This is backed up by a '00 Excursion ... that allows the whole family to travel in a single vehicle :)
(The Wrangler replaced a '01 Mustang ... no point in driving a Mustang when the highest speed limit on the island is 35 mph)

looks nice! While looking at your sweet jeep, I can imagine the jeep getting a spring-over axle conversion and 2" shackles, with CV driveshafts and 35" tires :eyebrow:

My Alaska toy hauler is an 02 Powerstroke crew cab one ton 4X4 with a 10 foot flat bed. I blew the engine on my trusty ranger coming home from a dive trip so I just picked up a 99 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with 5k miles on it. Tires and wheels are here, just waiting on the lift kit for it. Fun little island zip around Zodiac hauler.

yukoneer:
looks nice! While looking at your sweet jeep, I can imagine the jeep getting a spring-over axle conversion and 2" shackles, with CV driveshafts and 35" tires :eyebrow:

Nothing that radical ...
I'll skip the SOA 'cause I don't want to mess with the driveline that much. Plans call for a RubiconExpress 2.5" lift and 31's ... that'll be enough for anything I car to do around here. Oh, and a winch to get it out of whatever I get it into.

Otherwise, I pulled all the carpet and padding and tub-plugs ... can simply be hosed out after unloading all the salty dive gear :)

1967 Mustang Convertible, 390 cubic inch big block, bored to .060 over. That means it's now a 401 ci or 6.67 liters for those of you younger gals and guys that don't remember when engines were advertised in cubic inches.

Back
Top Bottom