What is your warmest 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abb27ster

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
In your opinion, what is the warmest 7mm wetsuit that is also long lasting? I am from New England and the waters can get in the lower 50's in local quarries. I get cold easily and would love to hear what you guys think. Does anyone own the new Henderson h2 and can you comment on its warmth?

I don't know anything about the Henderson h2 but I can say my Akona 7mm has served me well. I have well over 100 dives on it and it still keeps me warm. I've done everything from ice dives on up with it.

i'm using a atlan nordic7/5 semi dry and love it ...no problems in the greatlakes dove it there for 10 yrs ....

My custom M&B was the warmest 7mm I've ever used. I got it used and after 13 years and many, many dives I still bring it out in summer. However they are in Long Beach, CA

My Custom Wetwear suit has by far been the warmest suit I have ever worn. I bought it from them at BTS about 7-8 years ago. They are in Florida and they shipped the suit to me. They use a nitrogen composed material, so i was able to dive in a 5mm jumpsuit with a 5 mm shorty over top and stay very warm. For an old guys like myself with thin blood who gets cold very easily.... that says a lot. If anything you should go on their website and read about their suits. Good luck!

thanks, ill have to look into them. About how much does one cost?

Another vote for M&B wetsuits in Long Beach, CA
I have 2 suits from Don. I dive in water from the low 40's to the low 50's myself.
I hate drysuits (issues and cost) so I decided to go the custom wetsuit route.
All the commercial urchin divers around here use M&B's.
You can get any type of suit any thickness up to 13 mm from them.
I have a 7 mil and a 12.5 mil (1/2") old school beavertail cut (their signature style from the early 60's).
If you were interested in one I would recommend a 9 mil made out of Yamamoto denser commercial grade material which is still nice and soft but not as spongy as the crap suits you buy in an LDS which are $400 to $600 now. It'll probably be in the $700 to $800 range from M&B but worth every penny. You can't get anything close to the craftsmanship and high grade materials through a consumer dive retailer.

Call Don:
(562) 422-3493

Oneal J suit... been warm in 39 degree water in one...not the easiest to get into....I also have a Bare arctic and a Pinnacle arctic... the Bare is warmer, but neither are close.

I would get a dry suit.... but my akona is warm enough when I pee in it...:)

thanks, ill have to look into them. About how much does one cost?

For a 7mm made in the nitrogen composed material you’re looking around $400. That is custom to your measurements. They do have a cheaper material also. I think a 5mm is around $350. If you’re interested you should go to their website Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities . Or call them and speak to Kristi (954)458-0400. I think they are running some specials right now. Look on their little forum on scuba board, I think they have a special on there for Scuba board members.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom