What is your best anti-fog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely Clear is by far my favorite defogger. It is the pink slime stuff that comes in a little tub. You put it on before diving while the mask is still dry, and then let it dry before buffing it off, just like waxing a car. The mask will be good for the entire day, even after a few floods.

http://www.absolutelyclear.com/

Spit or any other anti-fog solution works good. I have found that the trick is to rub the ***** out of the lense with the spit for best results.

There are usually 4 or 5 different types of antifogging stuff on the boat. The Sea Gold works best for me whether I'm using a polycarbonate lens (Hydrooptix) or conventional mask.

The technique is much more important than what you use. Dish soap is the absolute best, but any soap will work almost as well. I usually use baby shampoo because I loan it to folks and it's easier on their eyes.

1. DON'T mix whatever you use with water!!!!!! Baby shampoo or dish soap is much more effective if applied straight than id mixed with water.

2. Apply it to a dry mask. Use your towel if you need to, but make use the mask is dry.

3. Do it as far in advance as possible. Let the soap dry on the mask lenses. Two weeks before your next dive is not too soon (although, I can't imagine wanting to wait two weeks between dives).

Sloshing water around in your mask is effective, but it's not defog, it's a work around when you forgot to defog your mask or when your defog failed.

Pete, that's extremely unsanitary. I hope your immune system is healthy.

NetDoc:
BTW,

I got my new Hydroptix mask today and it came with it's own defog! I'll let you know how it works. :D

Wooooo Hooooo !!!!

I want to check that thing out on the Gray's Reef dive!!!

the K

Why not? It's useless after the first no fog user sloshes his mask around in it anyway.

The defog solutions are the biggest part of the equation. I found out the hard way that is is important to occasionally clean your mask with gel toothpaste to remove buildup on the lens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom