What is your best anti-fog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Sea Gold stuff. That stuff is powerful, although it (and most others) will turn into a hard slush in the winter time. After the bottle is half full, I'll top it off with water and shake vigorously- and it still works great (go ahead and call me cheap). I've only used the baby shampoo once, but it seems to work well.

My spit will NOT defog a mask- I guess I just don't spit right. I don't like the liquid wipers since any extra water sloshing around distorts my vision. Normally, this isn't a problem, but I take an anti-emetic when I boat dive that makes the distortion and vertigo worse.

I've never forgotten to bring spit with me on a dive outing, and I've never been too short on cash to have some spit. And if I do get a little fogging despite nature's best, I just do what Catherine said.

Dustinh:
It seems like purposefully letting a little water into a mask and flushing it out to get rid of fog is a lost art. Sea Drops are relatively cheap (spit is still cheaper) and work well. I actually use my sea drops on the bathroom mirror- no fogging after hot showers!
HEY!! cool idea,lol, really i never thought of it, but i do use water in mask if i forget my seadrops and that is fail proof, though i find that seadrops are the best that comes in a bottle

I'm tired of sloshing water around inside the mask. It takes the spit off the glass. And, right when I need to see well it seems like the water gets in the way. (Yeah, I know, I'm too lazy to remove the water after the slosh and I don't like the mask strap tight enough to keep water out anyway.)

But the trick is how to keep plastic lenses worn inside the mask from fogging. If I can ever do that I'll have a $1.00 prescription mask.

Otherwise I have to glue lenses on the outside and nowadays they need about 8 diopters which takes multiple lenses stacked up or use lenses from magnifying glasses, this because they don't magnify as much underwater. And such high powered lenses don't let me see when out of the water.

Contact lenses work well underwater but I've got major dry eye out of the water.

OK, I'll have to pay the vig for a prescription mask....but not if I can get lenses inside the mask to not fog.

Well, it is something to fool around with.

Spit, hands down, works the best for me....

The best ????

Kraken Spit

(The formula for which was stolen and marketed by Johnson & Johnson as baby shampoo)

the K

I was using what ever the lds gave me during our OW class until 2 weeks ago in Key Largo, I the just used spit, works far better than anything else so far ad doesn't cost me anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom