What is the best way to mount your Spare Air 3.0 Unit to your BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
I had it mounted in a neoprene case with two bolt snaps, the upper snap connected to the left chest d-ring and the lower snap to the left waist d-ring. It takes up a lot of space and makes it harder to utilize my d-rings for other gear, including staging a tank.

I'm thinking about having a case sewn to my be shoulder strap, or move it to my bc waist belt.

I want to have more clear space to work with and utilize my d-rings with less clutter, but still be able to get to my spare air easily, and most important effortlessly.

How are you spare air 3.0 owner's mounting yours on a dive? What method has worked or is best for you? Maybe I can try your methods of mouting the canister?

jonscubas once bubbled...
It takes up a lot of space and makes it harder to utilize my d-rings for other gear, including staging a tank.

Your talking about "staging" a tank and wearing a spare air in the same sentence?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAA

You got that off Saturday Night Live right??

MechDiver once bubbled...

Your talking about "staging" a tank and wearing a spare air in the same sentence?

Damn I hate it when I agree with you.

I wonder if you could rig something to your webbing with a bolt snap like the way some mount scout lights.

[personal feelings set aside]

jonscubas once bubbled...
How are you spare air 3.0 owner's mounting yours on a dive? What method has worked or is best for you? Maybe I can try your methods of mouting the canister?

You may want to start a poll: Who uses/would never use/ a can of spare air for scuba diving??

You may want to consider investing in a little bit bigger pony bottle than just a can of spare air. People here debate endlessly against ponies smaller than 20 or 30 cu ft. And that is 10 times what your spare air can holds.

on SCUBA would be in a pocket on my wetsuit so I would have a little air in the event I needed to ditch my entire rig.

Walter once bubbled...
I don't believe your BC is the best place to mount your Spare Air. I'd suggest rigging it to your flight suit.

LMAOROF

Classic Walter, Classic. Wish I would have said that:boom:

By the way, I hope you never really need that Spare Air, you probably won't be here to tell us about it. Give it or better yet throw it away and buy a real pony as mentioned earlier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom