What is the best DEFOGGER you have used?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itsrob once bubbled...
Mix 1/3 j&j to 2/3 water in a little spray bottle. been using it for a long time, best stuff Ive found. give it to everyone else on every trip, no problems yet!
I use a dab or two of silicone grease on my moustache. Adding some isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol to J&J Baby Shampoo makes a solution that both does a good job of removing any stray grease and also defogging.

I also find that Sea Drops work well, particularly if applied the night before and left on to dry.

As Popeye noted, if your masks leaks a lot you will wash out whatever you use. Because of this, I just let the water than sneaks past my moustache accumulate in my mask and only clear when it gets up to my eyes or before I go upside down. Having forgotten many times, I can also recommend a salt water rinse as a good way to clear out your sinuses. :)

Hey Charlie99,

I shave an 1/8" line just above my stache to correct that problem! As for fogging, the cleaner your mask is the easier it is stop fogging. Crest works great for me, and then I use my tongue for the rest. Works just fine and I never forget it! I can also re-defog at depth too (though I rarely need that) ! :tease:

NetDoc once bubbled...
I shave an 1/8" line just above my stache to correct that problem! As for fogging, the cleaner your mask is the easier it is stop fogging. Crest works great for me, and then I use my tongue for the rest. Works just fine and I never forget it! I can also re-defog at depth too (though I rarely need that) ! :tease:
I don't often have a problem. Generally only towards the end of a dive trip where after 20 or 30 hours in the water over a week my moustache hairs are getting rough and stubbly. If I remember to use hair conditioner once in a while the mask never leaks, even without shaving a seal line.

I admit it, I'm a moocher.. my spit encourages fogging so I don't use it. I use whatever else I can get my hands on, even if it means making bambi eyes at the dive master.

That's the name of it, The Worlds Best Defog. Does seem to work pretty good!

I've experimented with just about everything there is including spit, baby shampoo, Sea Drops, 500psi, and Sea Gold because I absolutely despise having a fogged mask. Everybody's different but I had more success with the baby shampoo and the Sea Gold hands down. The Fog X is a great idea, so that'll be my next experiment. Great idea! As far as the spitting thing goes, I've been on boats where I've offered my defogger to them to use and the old "I don't use that &*^%*" is the response I get. But I do wish those folks would at least be considerate and not use the rinse bucket if they're gonna use spit. The person who posted the message about the 20-30 spitting divers using the community rinse bucket hit the nail on the head!

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
That's the name of it, The Worlds Best Defog. Does seem to work pretty good!

I tried a bottle of this stuff once, and it worked great ... better than anything else I've tried. Went back to the shop I purchased it and they said they didn't carry it anymore. Haven't seen it around since then. When I see it again, I'm stocking up ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The defogger I have been using since 1969 and has NEVER failed to work.....SPIT. It costs nothing and works great!!!

FWIW, Rodales did a scuba lab test and 500 PSI came out on top, what ever that cost them I dont know.:boom:

I used seadrops, spit and 500 psi. I like the 500 psi the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom