What is happening with NAUI these days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... I'm a longtime NAUI guy, even have the "L" after my number, but this "Association of Reputable Scuba Educators"...now THAT'S a card! Way cooler than boring old NAUI.
Trouble is that any group that will let me in, I want no part of...

I have had an interest in NAUI since I first took my OW with YScuba in 1975.
The textbook was The New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving. It was full of NAUI references.
I have certifications from three agencies but none from NAUI.
I also have an interest in Nitrox which I've never used. I want to address that deficiency.
I really like that NAUI is non-profit but their instructors and course information are few and far between.

Following NAUI's advice to contact a local instructor, months of waiting and a few emails then NaDa. Crickets!
I've even registered for E learning...dead end.
I've spent hours / days studying EANx through multiple sources online and I have the academics down pat but that's not good enough as I need to have some practical training for gas analysis and be officially NITROX certified. NAUI needs to get their act together.

Following NAUI's advice to contact a local instructor, months of waiting and a few emails then NaDa. Crickets!

Waiting for what/who? Did you try to find a NAUI instructor?

NAUI needs to get their act together.

What do need NAUI to do for you that it hasn't done yet?

I have had an interest in NAUI since I first took my OW with YScuba in 1975.
It's time to move on. Agencies don't teach you to dive: instructors do. Find any scuba instructor in your area. NitrOx is pretty similar no matter which agency. It's better than being ignored.

Agencies don't teach you to dive: instructors do. Find any scuba instructor in your area. NitrOx is pretty similar no matter which agency. It's better than being ignored.

This is one of the most BS statements on SB. Have you seen the NAUI Nitrox textbook and eLearning? NAUI has the most complete and comprehensive Nitrox program in the industry. NAUI creates the curriculum, training standards, training material and instructor training for their instructors to have all tools and training to offer the best training.

This is one of the most BS statements on SB. Have you seen the NAUI Nitrox textbook and eLearning? NAUI has the most complete and comprehensive Nitrox program in the industry. NAUI creates the curriculum, training standards, training material and instructor training for their instructors to have all tools and training to offer the best training.
Adequate instruction for basic recreational nitrox diving isn't that complicated. It can all fit on one page, and should be included with at least AOW, if not OW.

what does NAUI teach that other agencies don't on the topic of nitrox?

Reactions: L13

Back
Top Bottom